Saturday, June 13, 2009

Movers & Shakers!

My boys have been SO BUSY lately. They're constantly on the move, going, running, jumping, crawling, running, opening doors, crawling up and down stairs, running, grabbing and everything in between. And as always, they're astounding me everyday with what they're figuring out.
Last weekend, Neal picked up a new fan for our bedroom. I couldn't for the life of me find the power button. I fiddled with it for about a minute before I gave up. BUT, leave it to Jonah to show me up. He walked right up and pushed this tiny little button that I didn't even see. Well...I just had to laugh at that one.

The boys know where they're nose are on their face...and mine! And when we say "bellybutton" the boys look to see theirs. Jake has been saying "vacuum" a lot. The boys still love to pretend to vacuum...I even bought them a toy one and it's a hit. Jonah has made up a word in the last two days and I'm not sure yet if he's trying to say something but I think he's saying "buppy." Both boys are getting good at saying "doggie" and Jonah even said "Noah" this week...we have a music box in their room of Noah on the Arc w/a bunch of animals. "Ball" is still a popular one. They have gotten really good at the sign for "more." They point to everything they want which is both good and bad.

The boys have become quite the opposite in their dispositions while out and about in public. Jake seems to be a social butterfly, running up to strange kids and checking out their toys (and playing or stealing them). He played with lots of kids at a recent PAMOM social event in a park. He even blew a kiss to one the Hickey Triplets. ;) Jonah on the other hand has become a complete cling on. He is constantly wanting and needing me to hold him...especially in new/strange settings. The sweet boy is fine if he's in his stroller and we're on the move. He'll say "HI" to anyone when we're on one of our power walks...but get him out of the stroller and he's glue to mom. It's a little crazy when you have one that has to be held and the other one is running in the opposite direction. Ugh!

We changed our schedule this week. We have gone from two naps to one. :( I'm sad about that but what are ya gonna do. So now we stay up until 12 and then take a nap until about 2-2:30pm. We're still a little tired around bedtime so we're trying to go down a little before 8pm to help with that. But so far, it's been ok. I'm actually suprised at how we've been able to adjust so easily. Good boys!

In other news, we have a new cousin that was born yesterday. Neal's brother and his wife had a little baby boy. We hope to see pictures of the little guy soon.
Here's Jonah at Main Street Days Festival...so handsome!
Jake wrestling with mommy!
The boys in front of the Budweiser Horses...this one was named Jake!
Jakie eating...just looking cute.
Jonah begging to be picked up...a look I see often.
The boys with their kiddie pops...we're popping some new teeth. Eeek
And here's Jake...hard at work with his vacuum.

No comments: