Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!! First of all, let me say congratulations to the Apple Family. Their first daughter, Reese was born this morning at 11:24am. A new year baby...great start to the year. I'm hopefully going to visit her tomorrow. As far as I know, everyone is well and she has a head full of hair.

2008 was an amazing year for us. I can't help but reminesce about this time last year. I was hugely pregnant and anticipating the arrival of my boys. Then their birth was text book and I was lucky enough to have them in the regular nursery right away. Their first few months were a blur of feedings, changings, exhaustion and pure love for these two wonderfully healthy, gorgeous baby boys. I often wonder how I got so lucky. From about 4 months on, life started to get easier as we got to sleep through the night and real routines were underway. Now at 10 months we are walking all over the place, still healthy, into discovering everything and I just can't wait to see what else is in store for us.

Since daddy is on duty today (get home soon daddy!), we went to the park with GG and Grampa in our new wagon! The boys had a wonderful time. They were fascinated at everything from the wheels of the wagon to the handle...very exploratory. Then we decided to go for some swinging. Jonah wasn't too keen on it and so I decided to swing with him. He liked that a little better. Jake on the other hand just entrigued his Gramps because he was leaning into the swing to go forward and leaning back when he would swing back...in other words, he understood the momentum with his body. Either way, Grampa was baffled. Then, I climbed up the park swingset and we did some sliding! That was fun. Althougher, it made for a great day. We hope that you have a great 2009!








No comments: